Having spent the past two weekends ushering visitors throughout Whistler, I can honestly say that there are few things more glorious than spending a leisurely sunny day in that mountain town. Sure the crowds can make it a challenge to find a decent parking spot, but once you’ve freed yourself from your vehicle and the warm cedar-tinged air hits your nostrils, all stress is washed away and the good times begin!
There is always something to see – from the bevvy of street artists and performers, to the muddy gravity-defying downhill bikers – and there ALWAYS seems to be an event or festival going on. And now – FREE OUTDOOR CONCERTS!!!
Yes. It’s TRUE!!! Gracing the stage at the still-glowing-from-Olympic-glory Whistler Olympic Plaza in the Marketplace, some of Canada’s finest musical acts will be performing for FREE this month!
Check out the line up-
- August 5 – Jason Mraz – starting at 7:30 pm
- August 6 – Bif Naked – starting at 7 pm
- August 12 – Tom Cochrane – starting at 7 pm
- August 13 – Colin James – starting at 7 pm
- August 20 – Northern Pikes – starting at 7 pm
- August 21 – Barenaked Ladies – starting at 7 pm
Looks like I’ll be spending many more weekends in Whistler this summer. Hotel deals from $99 are offered at http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/escape/index.htm
See you there!